Cryosurgery back in the picture for July 1st.

Have an appointment scheduled with a Dr. Waskin in Richmond on July 1st. Found him by contacting the manufacturer of the cryosurgery device thingy, who sent me his info.

I asked his assistant if I could get the procedure done that day, rather than my having to make the 2.5 hour trip again, especially since A) I've had every conservative treatment and none worked and B) It's not very invasive--they stick the tiny probe into the top of the foot, freeze the nerve, and only takes 15 minutes per foot and C) Insurance is paying, so they stand to make some cash out of this.

I did find out that this office doesn't use the ultrasound probe to identify where the nerve is. He'll basically poke around with the probe until the electric shock courses through my body and I shout an expletive. Then he'll hit the "freeze" button and I'll go home.

No comments: