Race Results: CRC 5K

At my age I don't win many races, but I managed to snag one today. The CRC 5K is a nice little race put on by some great people at Galilee UMC.

The race itself has a heckuva start: The first quarter mile runs straight up a hill on a very steep grade. I ran neck and neck with Rich V. last year, but he didn't post this year. This time around, I ran the first few minutes with a couple of guys whom I don't know, but they both quickly fell off the pace and I found myself all alone. At the 1 mile marker I turned around and couldn't see anybody, which is a feeling I'm not accustomed to. I ended up chatting with the race director, who was on his bicycle leading the race. Won by about 2 minutes in 17:50. Not a fast time, but for a roller coaster course and running alone I'm satisfied. Plus, it was over 30 seconds faster than I ran it last year.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Congratulations! I'm so impressed!

Anonymous said...

Great run, and glad you enjoyed it. Looking forward to having you join us next year.