Today's run

Today, I ran a "total" of 33:48. I'm on the "8/2" program, whereby I run 8 minutes, then walk for 2. You have to do that when you're in poor condition. Since the 10K course I'm aiming for starts about 200 meters from my house, I plan on running it a lot. This morning, I ran the first mile, then ended up running down a dirt trail headed towards the Potomac River, which lies about a half mile from my house.

I've always had a strong attraction to trail running. Don't know what it is. I think it reminds me of exploring the woods when I was a kid. For a long time one of my favorite runs has been on the trails around Reston's Lake Fairfax. Very hilly, muddy, and a number of stream crossings. The combination of sweat, mud, and occasional blood is a lot of fun, for whatever reason.

No comments: