"I hope you comes to love distance running as much as I do. There is something magical about its simplicity and beauty."
--Weldon Johnson

After a nice bout of insomnia last night (must've had some caffeine?), I had zero intention on getting up as the alarm rudely sounded at 4:30AM. Fortunately today is an "easy" day, so I managed to drag myself out of bed (after hitting the snooze 3 times), make Thomas' lunch, and hit the road.

Considering yesterday's ball-buster of a workout and abbreviated sleep last night, I managed to log 9 very comfortable miles. I must also admit I'm a pioneer in the art of sleep running. On some of the more isolated stretches of road, I can close my eyes for 10-20 steps and imagine I'm home sleeping. Someday I'll run into a tree.

1 comment:

Heather said...

That's some serious talent and dedication. While it made me laugh, running into a tree would suck.